Carriage House Builders Coquitlam
Carriage House Builder in Coquitlam
At Dreamville Homes, we are professional carriage home builders who have been designing and building custom carriage homes in Coquitlam and the Lower Mainland for well over 10 years. Our experienced team of contractors will work with you to give you the best carriage house Coquitlam has to offer!
House prices in Coquitlam are just constantly rising these days, which might be a major headache for home buyers- especially first-time home buyers. That’s no wonder why many homeowners are looking to make another income stream from their extra space to relieve the burden of monthly mortgage payments. The renting market is, however, also hot due to the supply scarcity, reasoning why carriage houses or laneway homes are becoming more and more popular in the area.
Am I Eligibility to Build a Carriage House in Coquitlam?
Below are some things to keep in mind if you are considering building a carriage home:
- Permission for single-family lots only.
- The lot must be on the floor area and designated in the residential zones (RS1, RS2, RS3, or RS4) or a small residential lot in the official community plan (OCP).
- The floor area is the critical factor of the eligibility to build a carriage house in Coquitlam. Homeowners must contact the City Hall Annex to apply for an evaluation of their floor area. The maximum floor area ratio is, except for exemptions, 0.5, which is calculated by dividing the total residential floor area by the size of the property.
- A width and frontage of at least 10 meters are required if the lot is at the street corner. And if it has supported lane access, it must be around 5 meters from the road edge along the front. On top of that, for the sake of emergencies, there should be a path of around 2-meter width from the property front to the lot without any obstacles, including trees or shrubs, on the path.
A carriage house is smaller than the primary house and has an architecture complying with the building regulations of the neighborhood (zoning, parking, landscaping).
Why Should DreamVille Homes Be Your Carriage House Builder in Coquitlam?
Dreamville Homes is a full-service company from development to construction with over a decade of construction and home building experience in the industry. Our professionals will work with you to bring your vision of your carriage house to life from the very initial step of obtaining plans through council, to solving rezoning challenges to perfecting architectural designs well to the final step of finishing touches.
Having brought to Vancouver and the Lower Mainland tons of beautiful houses of extreme satisfaction, our mission is to provide customers with high-quality luxury homes through elegant designs, innovation, and fine craftsmanship.
As carriage home builders, we walk with our clients from the whole process beginning to end as follows;
- A comprehensive inspection on site.
- A thorough consultation with you to craft a dream design.
- We produce a draft design subject to your specifications.
- We edit and produce an officially final design.
- We’ll work with you on a budget plan along the way.
- We apply and obtain all permits involved on your behalf.
- Building and inspection along the process. We oversee the whole project from start to finish and keep you updated every step of the way.
- Final touches to ensure your highest satisfaction with the finished project.
If you’d like to have a consultation or an estimate, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We aim to provide our clients with a complete customer-inclusive experience and pride ourselves on our craftsmanship, skills, and commitment to our clients.
Ready to build your Dream Home?book an appointment